It takes 21 days to create or break a habit according to one of the many “universal truths”. I’m a very goal orientated person- I love to set goals and I get the most satisfaction out of crossing off that goal when I accomplish it. I think it’s important that you are constantly working at a goal to better yourself. So starting from tomorrow (new month, new start), I will be making a few attainable lifestyle changes and setting some goals. I highly encourage you to do the same! For 21 days, I hope to:
- CUT GLUTEN OUT OF MY DIET So I did a blog post not too long ago about my gluten intolerance and how I am trying to eliminate gluten completely. But time and time again, I give in to that delicious pasta, pizza, or dessert, and eat it! I like to think I have great self-discipline, but not when it comes to gluten. So for the next 21 days, I am promising myself I will not eat gluten.. (maybe once or twice is okay, but not any more!!) I’ll feel so much better and won’t have to deal with bloating and indigestion.
- GO TO BED EARLIER, WAKE UP EARLIER I am pretty good at waking up early because my alarm for school goes off at 6am. Unfortunately, that’s not the case for going to bed. I really don’t stay up past midnight on a school night, but ideally, I’d like to go to bed before 11. That way, I’m more energized in the morning and have time to make myself breakfast.
- EAT HEALTHY I want to eat a semi-small breakfast, big lunch, and small dinner (with snacks in between). I get out of school at 11:40 which is great, but I’ve realized that I haven’t been eating very healthy. I’ll come home and eat something small, and then I will be starving by 3pm so I snack! Keep an eye out for easy, healthy recipes on my blog.
- BLOG CONSISTENTLY AND MORE OFTEN Aka the most challenging goal, but the goal I care about so much. I want to post twice a week and so far, with the amount of blog post ideas I have, it’s possible. The only reason why I don’t blog enough is because I lack inspiration! So if you have any ideas, please leave them in the comments below! I would really appreciate it.
- FOCUS ON THE PRESENT I’m always focusing on the future. I know what I want to do the summer I graduate, what I want to do my junior year in college, around what age I get married, etc. I have a plan for my life and although it’s so exciting planning out my future, I tend to focus too much on it. I’m always wishing that I could fast-forward in life. I really don’t like high school, but I need to remind myself, it’s my last year of high school and I should focus on living in the moment. After all, I’m never going to get to go back in time and re-live it.
- CONTINUE TO STUDY AND STAY BUSY I’ve been so good at studying for the ACT, maintaining a good GPA, and doing extracurriculars. At this point, because I’m so motivated to get into the college of my dreams, I’ve been working very hard. I want to keep it up and work harder and harder. I’ve done some major prioritizing and for now, things like having a social life is the least of my concerns.
At the end of my 21 days, I’ll let you know how it went and let me know if you start this too! Have a good week.